We are pleased to report that the Antonelli stand was very busy last month at the annual Ice Cream and Gelato Expo hosted by the ICA in Harrogate. People were interested in our UK made waffle cones and our great MEC3 flavours. Despite our team being out in force with Directors, Business Relationship Managers, and Technical Managers from both Antonelli and MEC3, we found there were visitors crowding around the stand to discover what new products we had to offer. In fact, it wasn’t even just the new products which drew the interest, but the fact that our waffle cones are made in the UK. With Brexit just weeks away, there is a certain amount of nervousness in the market about cones supply this season. None of us can predict what the result of the political discussions will be or if indeed there will be a result or merely an extension to the ongoing talks. One thing we can be sure of is that Antonelli will be making waffle cones, wafer cones and sugar cones in Manchester for many years to come!
Apart from UK made waffle cones what else went down well?
As always the team enjoyed chatting with customers old and new - which is a fundamental part of the event - catching up with customers from across the UK. We found that the visitors to the stand were keen to give us feedback, whether we already knew them or not. Here are some of the things our visitors had to say:
- The Antonelli/MEC3 cabinets were the best in the show
- Comments were passed on the quality of the decoration of the napoli’s
- People said we were the most innovative supplier and manufacturer
- Many loved the Vegan cabinet and the range of bases as well as flavours available
- The smoothie bar was a great success with some visitors surprised at just how good the MEC3 in Cups products are - a few initially sceptical faces were changed to wonder and surprise once they tasted the depth of the flavour, leading to many orders taken
- The Harley Cone; an extension to our range of UK made waffle cones, was a particular favourite creating much discussion and intrigue
- There was also interest in the Black Cookie Cone which is a decorated version of the Black Smoothy® Twist® launched last year.
- Chocolate coated Fudgies were particularly popular with the staff on the stand next door who just couldn’t stop eating them!
- However, it wasn’t just the products that created interest. Our training courses are becoming more popular than ever with lots of bookings for our So You Want To Make Gelato course.
If you didn’t make it to Harrogate you may have already caught up with us since in Dublin, Cornwall or Harlech. If not, maybe we will see you at IFE in London, where you can catch up with Gary and Ryan on stand N3348. Alternatively, if you would like to taste some of the new flavours and UK made waffle cones, which were so admired in the cabinets at Expo, book on to our Season Launch next week. Give us a call on 0161 789 4485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information see our specialist training website www.icecreamtraining.co.uk. To find out more about our new award winning products read our separate blog.